Performing any of the steps shall Void the Warranty of Your Device.
I am not responsible for any damage you cause to your Device or emotional loss or anything.
You are solely responsible for you actions.
The Following procedure has been tested by me and it is working correctly.
Warnings and Important Tips:
1. The process may and will erase all your data present on the device. Better backup your contacts, Messages, Calendar entries, Notes Etc. You may use Super Backup, Go Backup or SMS Backup & Restore. There are several other apps in the Market. I would recommend to backup using multiple apps.
2. A Computer should be within reach with internet. Also have a USB Cable. Wi-Fi is recommended.
3. Make sure the system is running Stock ROM and Stock Kernel.
4. Also make sure you are running latest version of android available. On Galaxy Y, it is 2.3.6
5. If not, you can update, by going into settings>about phone>software update. Sign in with Samsung Account. 6. Before proceeding further, make sure that the phone is fully charged (Recommended 70% at least). High Chances of damage are there if the device runs out of juice during flashing.
7. Proceed with caution. Avoid confusion. Follow the steps! Never Jump to next step before completing first!
8. Within Procedures if you think the battery is not enough (>70%), you can charge it before proceeding to next procedure. The Phone can’t be charged within an ongoing procedure.
9. Enable the USB Debugging option. Go to Settings>Development>USB Debugging. Check it every time.
VIDEO TUTORIAL HERE
Let's start now:
1. Root your phone (How to HERE)
2. Flash ClockWorkMod (How to HERE)
3. Backup STOCK ROM (How to HERE)
4. Flash Custom ROM
- DownloadJELLY BLAST v. 3 by Avijit Ghosh from HERE or XDuosV3_v1.5_RP from HERE
1. Make sure that you're on Stock kernel. Stock = Factory version.
2. Remove a2sd or data2sd and format your 2nd partition if you have it.
3. Place one of the above files to your SD Card (NOT IN ANY FOLDER!!!)
4. Switch off your phone.
5. Flash Clockwork mode again. (How To HERE)
6. Wipe data/factory reset.
7. Wipe cache partition.
8. Go to Advanced options and Wipe Dalvik cache.
9. Go to mounts and storage->select mount/system and mount/data.
10.Now choose: Install zip from sd card.
11. Choose JELLYBLAST V3.signed.zip or XDuosV3_v1.5_RP and choose yes.
It will be installed. Now reboot your phone. First boot will take time. Be patient.
5. Install OTA (How to HERE)
*Note: JELLYBLAST V3 included OTA 1,2,3,4,5 only update OTA 6
6. Partitioning SD Card (How To HERE)
VIDEO TUTORIAL HERE
YOU ARE DONE! RESTORE YOUR BACKUP & ENJOY!!